‘Wall of Saints,’ Painted by Children: Todos Santos, Mexico (Photo of the Day)

Wall of Saints, Todos Santos

The Wall of Saints,’ found in Todos Santos, Baja Sur, reflects the creativity that’s found throughout this magical town, known for its many art galleries and creative atmosphere. A community ‘paint-out’ led to these and other paintings done by children and local artists on the wall, located on Topete Street.

Wall of Saints, Todos Santos

Photographic Details

Camera: Olympus XZ-1
Aperture:  F 4.5
Focal length:  9 mm
Shutter:
1/1000
ISO:
 100
Filter:  None

Like street art?

Do you enjoying viewing murals, street art, graffiti, etc? Where have you seen it and do you have any recommendations for other parts of Mexico or other countries?

Want to see more photos?

If you’d like to see more photos from around the world, here are the other ‘photos of the day‘ (people, places and things) from several continents.

Like to play games? Want to see things from a unique angle? Enjoy learning about new places? Then check out my  Trippy Travel Photos!

14 Responses to ‘Wall of Saints,’ Painted by Children: Todos Santos, Mexico (Photo of the Day)
  1. Maria Falvey
    March 24, 2014 | 10:52 am

Fantastic street art – what a find Lisa!
    Maria Falvey recently posted..Situational KryptoniteMy Profile

2. Dian
    March 25, 2014 | 11:58 am

I love Todos Mexico! The town is also home to Hotel California, a totally surreal visit for any Eagles music fan.
    Dian recently posted..A Girl’s Survival Guide: Top Tips for Working at an Overseas FestivalMy Profile

April 2, 2014 | 10:10 am

Howdy, Dian. Sweet town, isn’t it? I went twice and the first time, I didn’t think that much of it. But then, I gave it a second chance and started to like it. I met a sweet woman who sold candy and made piñatas (I really should write about her) and found that the people were nice once you got to know them a bit (versus La Paz where they were super friendly right away).

I stopped by the Hotel for a few minutes, but didn’t stay too long. People told me that it used to really great years ago before they renovated it. Were you there back then?

3. Mary @ Green Global Travel
    March 30, 2014 | 5:17 pm

That is beautiful. And, the art is done by children? Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

April 2, 2014 | 10:02 am

Hi, Mary. Glad you liked it! I believe it was done by mostly children, yes. It was not easy to find info about the wall, strangely. But I read on 2 sites that children did most of it. They’re so creative!

4. northierthanthou
    April 5, 2014 | 1:50 pm

Kids doing street art? Diggin it!
    northierthanthou recently posted..Won’t Someone Please Think of the Dan Snyders?My Profile

April 10, 2014 | 11:28 am

Thanks! I thought it was rather cool, too! :)

5. Lindapeasoup
    April 11, 2014 | 6:34 pm

Those kids are good artists! I think the wall is real nice. And all that stuff behind it, the mud and all, reminds me of my childhood home. It was really nice.

April 12, 2014 | 10:03 am

This reminds you of your childhood home? Where was that?

6. Jill Rogat
    April 13, 2014 | 6:12 pm

Absolutely beautiful! I love street art and think some of it is more appealing than “fine” art.

April 13, 2014 | 7:06 pm

Thanks, Jill! I know what you mean. There’s something sweet and special about this kind of art.

7. Ryan
    April 17, 2014 | 10:42 pm

Diggin’ it! Start em’ early! The world should be covered in street art haha!
    Ryan recently posted..Songkran Chiang Mai: From Love to Loathe, and Why I got Sick and Tired of itMy Profile