Guess What, Guess Where! Trippy #Travel #Photo Game 35 #tbex #ttot

Ready to play round 35 of the Trippy Travel Photo Game and possibly win a mention/link to your site? It’s easy (well, sometimes). :)

Follow these steps to play the game:

1. Look at the photo/study the details

Trippy Travel Photo 35

2. Guess what they are and where I was when I took the photo. Check out the clues.

Clue 1: I’m sure that a good number of tourists have seen these, but I’m 99% sure they didn’t travel to this location for that purpose. They came for something totally different, I believe.

Clue 2: When I saw them, I thought–’What the heck are those? They don’t really seem to make sense here.’

Note: To be declared the winner, you’ll need to provide a solid explanation re: why you believe your answer is correct.

3. Check Back Later!

–Post your guesses here in the Comments Section (tweets and FB comments don’t count–sorry)

–Keep checking and guessing as the guessing gets good…

–See who won…maybe it will be you!

The Prize?

A mention of your name and a link to your site from within this post.

And the Winner Is…

The Answer:

Can’t get enough?

Like this game? Want to see things from a unique angle? Enjoy learning about new places? Here are all of the Trippy Travel Photos–guesses and winners–all on one page. If you like photography in general, then check out my Photo of the Day feature. You’ll find cool photos from all over the world. Enjoy!

15 Responses to Guess What, Guess Where! Trippy #Travel #Photo Game 35 #tbex #ttot
  1. Robert
    April 20, 2014 | 10:21 pm

Oh, now this is very interesting. I am sure I have seen huts like these, but it wasn’t on a beach. #frownsandscratcheshead
    Most places I have been to (in the South Pacific) have square/rectangular grass huts. But these are round. I am really unsure, so I might play a ‘safe’ card and say that it is NOT in the South Pacific region.
    :-)

April 27, 2014 | 7:01 pm

Funny–the second player guessed the South Pacific! :) And she was wrong. What do you think now?

2. Laura Zera
    April 27, 2014 | 2:58 pm

I’m going to go midway South Pacific and say Hawaii. Tourists wouldn’t be expecting to see huts there, and would be in Hawaii to experience more modern conveniences. Yet there is a palm tree, so it makes me think it’s still South Pacific. My second guess would be Vegas, lol!
    Laura Zera recently posted..Travel: Happy Earth Day to YouMy Profile

April 27, 2014 | 7:00 pm

Hi, Laura–I love your guesses!! Wow!! But no, neither one is correct. In fact, the South Pacific is pretty far away from this particular location.

3. Robert
    April 27, 2014 | 11:25 pm

Hi Lisa,
    My thinking cap had been searching my deep memories. This might sound weird, but decades ago my wife and I visited Kenya, and the game park we stayed in had huts roughly similar to the ones in your photo. Round and had a funny topknot. But, I know you haven’t been to Kenya, so I will play a safe card and say “Africa”. Oh heck, “the southern half of the African continent”, since you surely wouldn’t go for yet another ‘Normous Hemisphere’ photo location. ;)
    Robert

• Robert
      April 27, 2014 | 11:29 pm

This is a top answer Robert! You are clever working these out. Well done!

signed – Anon

;)

April 29, 2014 | 11:13 am

Um, I think this is you, Robert–and I’m very concerned. Is everything OK??? LOL #whyisherespondingtohimselfonhere?

• Robert
          April 29, 2014 | 5:31 pm

Um, well, since Africa wasn’t right, then that so-called “Anon” person reply was definitely not me. Tsk tsk! What was he thinking? Or she? Yes, he or she …
          #diggingadeephole
          ;-)

May 5, 2014 | 12:11 pm

I wonder who that ‘anon’ person was…hmmm.

April 29, 2014 | 11:14 am

Hmmm….Africa. Interesting guess.

Sorry, but that’s not correct.

I think it’s time to call in Jeruen. :)

4. Robert
    April 29, 2014 | 5:43 pm

Not South Pacific, not Africa, not Hawaii.
    Obviously not Europe or North America.
    The background in the photo looks dry; i.e. it’s not jungle, but I’ll have a wild stab at Indonesia. Yes, I know Indonesia is in the tropics, but I think there are some drier areas.
    #gottogetinbeforeJeruen

May 5, 2014 | 12:11 pm

Nope–not Indonesia! lol

• Robert
        May 14, 2014 | 9:10 am

Well, 10 days have passed. It might be time for you to reconsider, and accept that Indonesia is the *best* answer to date, and so just make me the winner. Then you can select the next photo.

#imtryingtohelpyouhere

:-)

• Robert
          May 28, 2014 | 6:12 pm

OK OK, practically all of your photos are from South America, so let me break the silence and say “South America!”

#thatcanbeconsideredacountry

#youcanbendtherules

:-)

June 10, 2014 | 6:48 pm

Hi, Robert. You’re wrong, but you’re warm. :)